Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Metamorphosis

Metamorphosisa profound change in form from one stage to the next in the life history of an organism, as from the caterpillar to the pupa and   from the pupa to the adult butterfly. 


The past month has been a bit of a transition period for me. I have ventured out of my role as a counselor with the agency I work for and am now in the Community Relations position. So I don't see clients anymore but I try to bring them to us through positive PR about the agency. When school is in full swing I will get to go into classrooms and talk to kids about the great work we do and how we can help them and their family. I get to organize events and attend community meetings. I am actually VERY excited. This opportunity has brought a new energy to me. Now if I could just get myself back into a decent sleep routine I would be golden. The past month I have also taken a break from my blog and my weekly cupcakes...finding I needed time to focus and rededicate myself. I have thrown some energy into developing and publicizing my upcoming fundraiser...one not related to work, one that involves baking...a match made in heaven. I was also delighted to see that our not so great governor signed into law an act that will allow home bakers to sell their goods to customers without the fear of being prosecuted. With one stroke of a pen by some one I have little like for Whimsical Wishes Cakes can now be resurrected. My website, reactivated but needing editing before being published. I am looking forward to advertising as a cake decorator / baker. I really have much to be grateful for. My metamorphosis is complete, I am the adult butterfly.

Now back to the reason you probably stopped by to read this entry in the first place. I know I promised Snickers cupcakes but I have been given a special request. I found what looks like an awesome recipe for Coconut Cream Cupcakes and this weekend I will tackle them...yummy. Thanks everyone for being patient and taking the time to come back to see me through my blog. I will let you all know how the cupcakes turn out and next week, Snickers cupcakes, I promise. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment