Sunday, July 31, 2011

Cupcakes, Muffins and Brownies, Oh My!

Well it is official, the Great American Bake Sale Event is less than one week away. It will be the first, and hopefully not last fund raising event that I put together. The supplies have been purchased, the dry ingredients measured out and next week will be full of baking. Some friends will also be working in their kitchens to make candy, pound cakes, mini pies, breads, cookies, brownies, muffins, coconut cream pie and key lime pie. Me, well I will be candying bacon to top some French Toast cupcakes with maple icing. I will also be toasting up some coconut for Lemon Filled Coconut Cupcakes. I have already mixed up some Chai Spice for the Vanilla Chai Cupcakes. I will also be making some Crumble Top Carrot Raisin Muffins and Golden Oatmeal Muffins. I will still have to bake up a few batches of brownies in my spare time...guess I will need to find some of that. "What about the take and bake Cookies-In-A-Jar?" you ask. Those are already done with the help if 2 little elves. This adventure will be alot of work, but I am so excited. There has been a great response for the prize drawing with donations from lots of great places. Now all I need is for people to show up with a serious sweet tooth and the desire to win some cool prizes!!! Look for more on the bake sale over the next few weeks. Stop by and see me and my team "Could Cupcakes Be the Cure?" Saturday August 6th from 11am until 4 pm at Bonni Bakes: 930 12th Street West, Downtown Bradenton in the Village of the Arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment